Phoenix Dog, Cat & Animal Emergencies
Top Plant Toxicities in Dogs and Cats treated at Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic
- Sago Palm- very toxic to the liver and dogs seem to like the taste of them.
- Marijuana toxicity is common and many times is complicated by the brownie (chocolate) mix that it is eaten with.
- Lantana- not fatal but can cause diarrhea.
- Oleander- Toxic to the heart, and intestinal tract.
- Tomato plant toxicity (eating the green part of the plant)
- Grape/Raisin toxicity- causes kidney failure in dogs.
- Easter lilies are toxic, be careful if you have them in your house with cats.
Exotic Pet Emergencies
- Blood feather in parrots
- Egg binding in parrots, chicken, ducks, etc.
- Trouble breathing in multiple species of avian
- Pneumonias in rats, birds, guinea pigs, etc.
- Ceiling fan trauma with birds
- Broken legs in multiple species, torn nails
- Wet tail
- Vitamin and mineral deficiency in multiple patients
- Liver failure, swollen abdomen.
- Tail amputation
- Wing amputations.
- Tooth trim in rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas.
- Urinary tract infections in multiple species.
- Ear infection in rats, guinea pigs, rabbits.
- Calcium deficiency in multiple species.
- Low blood sugar in ferrets.
- Adrenal disease in ferrets.
- Vomiting, diarrhea in multiple species.
- Difficulty walking in rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, rats, and birds.
- Desert tortoise and other reptile parasite infections
- Mouth rot in snakes, lizards
Top Dog and Cat Emergencies seen at Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic
- Blocked cat, straining to urinate. This is common in male cats.
- Diarrhea from a variety of causes: change in diet, change in treats, eating mulch, eating compost, eating a dead animal in the back yard, tumor, cancer.
- Animals eating: plastic, underwear, trash, string, bones, metal pieces, clothing, carpet, rugs, tampons, bags, toys, nuts, palms seeds, rocks, sticks, parts of the house, wires, etc.
- Heat stroke.
- Diabetes in both dogs and cats.
- Bloat in dogs.
- Urinary bladder infections, bladder stones.
- Back pain, disc disease.
- Limping and leg injury. Bone cancer, bone infection.
- Heart failure
- Broken or cracked tooth, teeth falling out, bad breath, dental disease.
- Torn nail, broken toe.
- Anal gland problems.
- Tick Fever.
- Valley Fever.
- Addison’s Disease.
- Broken leg.
- Ear swollen, ear hematoma, ear infections.
- Skin infection, crusting skin, ringworm.
- Eye infection, Scratch on the eye
- Sugarless gum toxicity, Xylitol toxicity
- Macadamia nut toxicity
- Dog and Cat bite wounds.
- Spider bite
- Scorpion bite
- Kidney failure
- Liver failure, yellow cat, yellow dog
- Bee Sting, allergic reaction.
- Ant bite allergic reaction.
- Sun Burn Skin reaction, infection, dermatitis.
- Skin infections
- Gun shot wounds
- Torn pads
- River Toad Poisoning
- Hit by Car injuries
- Rat poison
- Aspirin toxicity, ibuprofen toxicity, aleve toxicity
- Seizures in multiple species.
- Rectal prolapse
- Spinal trauma, brain trauma
Tags: dog emergency care Phoenix
, Phoenix cat emergency hospital
, exotic pet emergency care
, best Phoenix 24 vet clinic